`Sholay 3D` likely to release January 2014
New Delhi: The 3D version of the 1975 Bollywood classic `Sholay`, which was slated to release on megastar Amitabh Bachchan`s 71st birthday Friday, is now likely to release in January 2014. The makers wanted a "four-week window" for the film.
"We have requested cinemas to give us a four-week window. So, we are currently in talks with cinemas for a date in January," Jayantilal Gada, who is the presenter of the film, said in a statement.
The film is very significant for the makers, who have spent three years on the 3D project.
"It`s an old film. We don`t want to rush to cinemas for a one-week window because this is not like a `Chennai Express` or any new film which gets a big opening," Gada added.
`Sholay`, directed by Ramesh Sippy, is a landmark film in Indian cinema. It featured Dharmendra as Veeru, Amitabh as his friend Jai, Hema Malini, who played the effervescent Basanti and the late Amjad Khan, who played iconic villain Gabbar Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop