`Shootout at Wadala` my most challenging film: Sanjay Gupta
Mumbai: His underworld drama ‘Shootout at Wadala’ travels from 1978 to 1981 and director Sanajy Gupta says that creating the right background was a big challenge as everything has changed a lot in last three decades.
"It is the most challenging film which I have shot till date. It covers 1978-81. Everything has changed, including Mumbai and getting that right was a difficult task," Gupta, who made ‘Kaante’, ‘Zinda’, ‘Dus Kahaniyaan’, told reporters Tuesday.
The director has wielded the megaphone to narrate the story of Mumbai police`s first registered shootout in hwich they gunned down gangster Manya Surve in 1982. He has also scripted and produced the film.
The star cast of ‘Shootout at Wadala’ seems to be quite a feast for the eyes - it stars Bollywood`s hunk John Abraham along with Anil Kapoor, Tusshar Kapoor and Sonu Sood. They all look in perfect shape.
The movie franchise is evolving in India, and Gupta supports it and said: " `Shootout At Wadala` is also a franchise. It is difficult to say exactly what it will be, but there will be another shootout soon. But we will only make one when we are convinced of the strong story."
Gupta had produced 2007 gangster drama ‘Shootout At Lokhandwala’, which was directed by Apoorva Lakhia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification