`Singham Returns` biggest opener for Ajay Devgn in UAE!
Zee Media Bureau/Parul Sabherwal
New Delhi: Ajay Devgn-starrer action packed film, `Singham Returns` is off to a sweeping start. The sequel of the 2011 `Singham` has not only broken all records at the Indian box office but has also opened strongly at the overseas markets.
Film production and distribution company Eros, which distributed `Singham Returns` in the overseas markets has reportedly issued a statement saying that the movie has become the biggest box-office opener for actor Ajay Devgan in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The film, according to the distribution company grossed 750 thousand Dirhams on the opening day. It is also the biggest opener for Rohit Shetty after Shah Rukh Khan-starrer `Chennai Express`.
The Rohit Shetty film has already minted over Rs. 50 crore at the domestic box office in first two days. Looking at the trends, this action-drama is expected to hit the 100-crore mark in just about five days.
Rohit`s last movie ` Chennai Express` too broke all records at the box office, making it to the 200 crore club. Shetty seems to be on a roll, as his masala flicks have really gone down well with the audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool
- NO Kajol in Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'? Hot Scoop