`Son of Sardaar’ writer-director Ashwni Dhir scripting next, says it`ll be a comedy
Mumbai: Writer-director Ashwini Dhir, who is "extremely happy" and "overwhelmed" with the response to his comedy ‘Son of Sardaar’, has already started scripting his next film and says it will also be a rib-tickler.
"I have started scripting my next film...All I can say is that the film has a good sense of humour and will be a comedy film," Dhir told IANS.
"The star cast is yet to be decided. Once the script is ready, I will make an announcement," he added.
Dhir has earlier directed films including ‘One Two Three’ and ‘Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?’.
Talking about the response to ‘Son Of Sardaar’, which has collected Rs.52.13 crore within four days of its release, Dhir said: "Right now I am extremely happy with the audience response and overwhelmed with the box office collection."
‘Son Of Sardaar’ released Nov 13 along side Yash Chopra directed ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’.
"I was confident about my film and I am happy about the fact that both the films - `Jab Tak Hai Jaan` and `Son Of Sardaar` - are doing well at the box office," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- If Indian artistes have so much problem, we will ban their movies too: Raj Thackeray on Salman Khan's statement
- We are living in hard times: Ranbir Kapoor
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Salman Khan needs to be taught a lesson, says Shiv Sena – Read more
- Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest opener of 2016!
- SS Rajamouli reveals logo of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' – View inside
- Amazon Prime Video partners with filmmaker to launch 'Baahubali: The Lost Legends'!
- Sony Music acquires music rights of 'Dear Zindagi'
- Not playing Pakistani journalist in 'Noor': Sonakshi Sinha