`Son of Sardaar’ writer-director Ashwni Dhir scripting next, says it`ll be a comedy
Mumbai: Writer-director Ashwini Dhir, who is "extremely happy" and "overwhelmed" with the response to his comedy ‘Son of Sardaar’, has already started scripting his next film and says it will also be a rib-tickler.
"I have started scripting my next film...All I can say is that the film has a good sense of humour and will be a comedy film," Dhir told IANS.
"The star cast is yet to be decided. Once the script is ready, I will make an announcement," he added.
Dhir has earlier directed films including ‘One Two Three’ and ‘Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?’.
Talking about the response to ‘Son Of Sardaar’, which has collected Rs.52.13 crore within four days of its release, Dhir said: "Right now I am extremely happy with the audience response and overwhelmed with the box office collection."
‘Son Of Sardaar’ released Nov 13 along side Yash Chopra directed ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’.
"I was confident about my film and I am happy about the fact that both the films - `Jab Tak Hai Jaan` and `Son Of Sardaar` - are doing well at the box office," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 28 Update: Purab, Pragya get hold of a crucial evidence against Tanu
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh slams Kamya Punjabi, calls short film on late actress ‘bogus’
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- I console myself with a career that lasts: Twinkle Khanna
- Priyanka Chopra proud of sister Parineeti's singing debut
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look