`Tere Bin Laden 2` an unconventional sequel, says director
Mumbai: Director Abhishek Sharma says `Tere Bin Laden 2` is a first of its kind sequel as the stories of the first film and the second are linked but not in continuity.
"The structure of the film is such that you cannot call it a conventional sequel and that is why we are not calling it part two. It can be called a spin-off and in that sense it is a first of its kind," Sharma said here Sunday at a press event held for the film.
"We have not seen a sequel like this anywhere in the world till now where the first and the second part are related. There is a definite and strong relation, but still there is no continuity," he added.
Manish Paul plays the lead in the second film while Pradhuman Singh continues to play as Osama Bin Laden look-alike.
Talking about the story of the film, Sharma said it takes off from the news of terrorist Laden`s death and the ensuing ambiguity and problems.
"The first `Tere Bin Laden` gets over with Ali Zafar reaching America. This film doesn`t continue from there. This film starts from the point where America says Bin Laden in dead. Now, I don`t know (whether it is true) because there is still no proof about Osama`s death," said Sharma.
"So taking that thing in mind, after Osama`s death what all happens with Barack Obama (US president) and with the terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan and also the problems that Manish and Pradhuman face because of it, is what the film is all about," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!