`Vicky Donor`, `Barfi! bag several awards
Mumbai: ‘Vicky Donor’ and ‘Barfi’ won seven awards each at the 8th edition of Renault Star Guild Awards 2013 in the popular and technical category.
‘Barfi!’ even won the title of best film. Actor Ayushmann Khuranna took home the award for most promising debut for ‘Vicky Donor’.
Actress Vidya Balan bagged the award for best actress for her film ‘Kahaani’, while Ranbir Kapoor won the title of best actor for ‘Barfi!’.
Actress Priyanka Chopra won the shining star award for her performance in ‘Barfi!’ and ‘Agneepath’.
The lifetime achievement award went to veteran actor Manoj Kumar for his contribution to Indian cinema.
In Television, the award for best non-fiction series went to ‘Crime Patrol’ while the best ongoing drama fiction was awarded to ‘Bade Acche Lagte Hain’.
The awards held Saturday night at the Yash Raj Studios was a star studded experience.
Among those attending the event were Salman Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Karan Johar, Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Aditi Rao Hydari, Manoj Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, R. Balki, Gauri Shinde, Hema Malini, Anurag Basu and Sidharth Roy Kapur.
Star Guild Awards is a joint initiative by the Film and Television Producers Guild and the Wizcraft International Entertainment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' trailer creates history!
- Deepwater Horizon movie review: Disastrously awful
- Tom Holland's 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer features 'Iron Man' – Watch
- Befikre movie review: Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer struggles hard to recreate Aditya Chopra magic