`Zila Ghaziabad` gets `A` certificate with cuts
Mumbai: Director Anand Kumar is upset and disappointed that his film ‘Zila Ghaziabad’, releasing Friday, has got an `A` Certificate and that too with cuts.
"I am extremely disappointed that my film has got an `A` Certificate. If you see the film, you will know there is nothing wrong in the film. It is so disturbing the film has got an `A` Certificate with cuts," Kumar told reporters.
"I understand the film has violence in it, but there are no blood scenes or any bold scenes as such. It is very strange that the Central Board of Film Certification is saying kids should not watch such films," he added about the film, said to be set around a gang war.
The director questions how films like ‘Race 2’ and ‘Murder 3’ got `U/A` certificates.
"`Race 2` had so much of skin show and `Murder 3` is a film which is sold on sex. Despite that, both the films got `U/A`," he said.
‘Zila Ghaziabad’ features Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi, Vivek Oberoi and Minissha Lamba.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'