Aamir didn’t say yes to ‘Bombay Velvet’: Anurag Kashyap
New Delhi: Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap says the reason behind Aamir Khan not being the lead actor in his dream project `Bombay Velvet` is because he didn`t agree to do the film.
The director who is said to have waited for a long time for the actor to agree to act in the movie, says that speculations of dropping Aamir out of the project and that he was never offered the film is all baseless.
"Now this is incorrect as well, I did approach him but he never said yes is the truth," Kashyap wrote on Twitter. The movie is based on Gyan Prakash`s book `Mumbai Fables` and is set in the Bombay of 60s. The star cast includes John Abraham, Naseeruddin Shah and Kay Kay Menon.
The 38-year-old director, whose recently released `Shaitan` was a hit, is ready with his next film `That Girl In The Yellow Boots`. The movie is slated for a September release and stars wife Kalki Koechlin and Naseeruddin Shah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navya Naveli Nanda parties like a boss! PICS inside
- Shah Rukh Khan reveals male directors are 'objectifying' him! – Details inside
- Really? Saif Ali Khan PROPOSED to begum Kareena Kapoor Khan more than ONCE
- Don't mess with Indian Army: Bollywood celebrities react to surgical strikes across LoC
- #SurgicalStrikes: Sudarsan Pattnaik salutes Indian Army with his incredible sand art!
- IMPPA to pass resolution banning Pakistani artistes in India
- Trailer OUT! John Abraham-Sonakshi Sinha starrer 'Force 2' celebrates the real heroes of India!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni biopic not banned, says Pakistan's CBFC chief
- Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor relive their very own 'DDLJ' moment! View PIC
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma are glowing in GOLD! PIC will make you drool