Aamir Khan has no box office expectations from `Dhoom 3`
Mumbai: Superstar Aamir Khan says he has no expectations from his upcoming film `Dhoom 3` in terms of box office business, but is concerned about how the audience will accept the much-awaited movie.
"I have no expectation from `Dhoom 3` (about box office collection). I am not thinking about all this. It is important that audience should have a great time and love the film," Aamir told reporters here last evening.
"Audience is not interested in numbers (box office collection) and even so I am not interested in it. It doesn`t matter to me. I believe films should touch your heart," the actor said.
"Films like `Mughal-e-Azam`, `Pyaasa` touched me. I think films should be about story... Emotions and not numbers," he said.
However, Aamir is worried about the fate of `Dhoom 3` and hence, has started smoking again.
"I have started smoking again because of tension for `Dhoom 3`. I did not smoke in the last two years... I had quit it. I was on strict diet. Now, I am not only smoking but also eating lots of food. I want to give up (smoking). I want to be fit... I will give up after December 31," he said.
The actor said he was "extremely stressed and nervous" about the release of `Dhoom 3` and missing working with his team and co-stars.
"From December 13, we all will be together again and encourage each other," he said.
For the film, Aamir got lessons in tap dancing from Australian choreographer and renowned dancer Dein Perry.
He flew to the southern continent to learn the dance from Dein, who had choreographed the Sydney Olympics opening act and `Happy Feet 2`.
The actor had to learn the `grungy tap` dance which is high on energy and more difficult than the classic tap.
"I took 45-day training for tap dancing. I am not a dancer, I feel Hrithik, Govinda or Shahid would have done a better job than me. I still haven`t got it as I didn`t have the luxury to practice for a longer period. I think to learn something like this perfectly you would need two years at least," Aamir said.
Aamir feels the mantra of promoting `Dhoom 3` should be to talk less about it and let audience take a call.
"We are banking on the creative side of `Dhoom 3`. We believe in less is more. We don`t want to go out and scream about the film. Today, the audience is intelligent enough to choose which film they want to go and see. We respect the intelligence of the audience. Marketing is something which is taken care by the producer and the director. If my suggestion is required then I give it," he said.
Aamir regrets that legendary filmmaker late Yash Chopra would not be there to see third instalment of `Dhoom`.
"Yashji won`t be here to see the film and it is a huge regret. I wish he was here to see the film. I would have loved to see his reaction," he added.
Besides Aamir, `Dhoom 3` features Katrina Kaif, Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra among others.
Releasing on December 20, the film is directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya and produced by Aditya Chopra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nick Jonas 'too short' to play James Bond
- Regina George's 'Mean Girls' mansion up for sale
- Sharon Osbourne taking one-month break
- Lively called Reynolds a 'hypocrite'
- Taylor Swift's fiercely loyal: Karlie Kloss
- Ed Sheeran may take year off
- Famed Detroit jazz trumpeter Marcus Belgrave dies at 78
- French immigration thriller bags Cannes Palme d'Or
- Rooney Mara, Emmanuelle Bercot share Cannes best actress award
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Anushka Sharma feels 'terrible' on being sick, misses fun with DDD boys
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Lady Gaga gets over 30 wedding dress sketches from top designers
- Ditch black for bold and bright this summer
- Style up in suede in spring, summer
- Kylie's lip fillers changed her confidence: Kim Kardashian
- Jane Fonda proud to be a fashion icon
- Fashion is not for everybody: Dolce and Gabbana
- Designer Monisha Jaising to enter e-commerce
- Sculpt your looks like Moore, N'yongo did at Cannes
- Keep neck jewellery light in summer
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- PM Modi to address rally in Mathura, may announce 'one rank, one pension' scheme implementation
- Kejriwal to hold 'Jan Sabha' to mark 100 days of AAP govt, may demand full statehood for Delhi