Aamir Khan starrer film 'Mangal Pandey'case gets new hearing date
Ballia: A local court here today fixed December 8 as the next date for hearing a petition filed against actor Aamir Khan, producer Bobby Bedi and director
Ketan Mehta alleging wrong portrayal of war hero Mangal Pandey in the Bollywood flick `Mangal Pandey: The Rising`.
As Civil Judge Azad Singh who was hearing the matter was not present yesterday, the next date of December 8 was given.
The petition was filed by Santosh Pandey, who claimed that Mangal Pandey hailed from Nagwa village and was his great grand father.
Earlier the court had rejected the Bollywood trio`s claim that the petitioner was not a descendant of the war hero.
It was five years ago that the film was released and Santosh had filed a suit in the court alleging that the hero of the 1857 uprising was wrongly portrayed in the mega-budget film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look