Aamir replaced Shah Rukh in Reema Kagti`s upcoming film
Mumbai: The story of one Khan’s loss is another Khan’s gain is not new in filmdom. It got repeated yet again as Aamir Khan signed Reema Kagti’s next which at first was being offered to Shah Rukh Khan.
The reason why SRK backed out of the project is not clear, but sources confirm that Anurag Kashyap (the dialogue writer of Reema`s next), who was supposed to direct the film initially, had first approached Shah Rukh to play the lead, apparently things didn’t work out and nothing materialized as the two met to discuss the film.
It must be recalled here that even in the past there have been instances when roles declined by Badshah went into Aamir’s kitty and interestingly those films proved to be super hit at the Box Office.
Rajkumar Hirani/Vidhu Vinod Chopra had first offered the role enacted by Aamir Khan in ‘3 Idiots’ to Shah Rukh Khan, but they had some creative differences (as cited by SRK himself).
Aamir gladly stepped in and rest, as they say, is history, and indeed history was made with the humongous success of ‘3 Idiots’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ellie Goulding weeps during Bradley Cooper's performance
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale