Aamir wanted to romance wife Kiran onscreen in `Dhobi Ghat`
Mumbai: Actor-producer Aamir Khan feels his director wife Kiran Rao is a fantastic actress and said he would love to direct her in a film, after his plan to romance her onscreen in `Dhobi Ghat`, failed to materialise.
"I would love to direct her. She is better actor than me. I hope we get to see her on Indian screen in a film or a theatre or play. I have told her so many times she is very talented and she must act," Aamir told reporters here, last evening at a book store, where the duo was present to launch the DVD of their last home production film.
The remarks came in as Kiran`s way of narrating a character from her last film, `Dhobi Ghat` caught Aamir`s attention so much that he wanted her to enact the role.
"Its true that I wanted Kiran to play the role of Yasmin in `Dhobi Ghat`. I think Kirti has done a wonderful and amazing job and I don`t want to take away that from her. But I
wanted Kiran to play the role played by Kirti," Aamir said.
"When she (Kiran) was narrating the character of Yasmin she was brilliant, the way she emoted it, she looked also innocent just like the role demanded with the UP dialect.
Also, I would have loved to fall in love with her again on screen, what Arun (Aamir`s character) did in the film. But my wife is not romantic," he chuckled.
Kiran, on her part, said, "I used to act in college and school days. But I have not thought of acting. I am not particularly interested about acting in films, I want to make films. I would love to do theatre."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- 'Raees' Shah Rukh Khan is travelling from Mumbai to Delhi by train – See pics
- Mika Singh's 'Dhingana' highlights Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' journey
- 42 years of 'Deewar': Amitabh Bachchan says it had the best screenplay ever
- Overseas Box Office: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' crosses Rs 200 crore mark
- 'Jolly LL.B 2' trailer 2: Akshay Kumar brings forward intense side of legal system
- Abhishek Bachchan ready to do biopic on THIS sportsman for free!
- Pakistani actors get Indian visa to shoot for Sridevi starrer