Aamir wanted to romance wife Kiran onscreen in `Dhobi Ghat`
Mumbai: Actor-producer Aamir Khan feels his director wife Kiran Rao is a fantastic actress and said he would love to direct her in a film, after his plan to romance her onscreen in `Dhobi Ghat`, failed to materialise.
"I would love to direct her. She is better actor than me. I hope we get to see her on Indian screen in a film or a theatre or play. I have told her so many times she is very talented and she must act," Aamir told reporters here, last evening at a book store, where the duo was present to launch the DVD of their last home production film.
The remarks came in as Kiran`s way of narrating a character from her last film, `Dhobi Ghat` caught Aamir`s attention so much that he wanted her to enact the role.
"Its true that I wanted Kiran to play the role of Yasmin in `Dhobi Ghat`. I think Kirti has done a wonderful and amazing job and I don`t want to take away that from her. But I
wanted Kiran to play the role played by Kirti," Aamir said.
"When she (Kiran) was narrating the character of Yasmin she was brilliant, the way she emoted it, she looked also innocent just like the role demanded with the UP dialect.
Also, I would have loved to fall in love with her again on screen, what Arun (Aamir`s character) did in the film. But my wife is not romantic," he chuckled.
Kiran, on her part, said, "I used to act in college and school days. But I have not thought of acting. I am not particularly interested about acting in films, I want to make films. I would love to do theatre."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Riteish Deshmukh just tweeted the most cutesy message for his 'baiko' Genelia!
- Soha Ali Khan bats for stronger laws against animal cruelty
- Karanvir Bohra and wifey Teejay Sidhu blessed with twin daughters!
- 'Bigg Boss' 10: We bet you haven’t seen these family pictures of Priyanka Jagga Muise!
- Lady Gaga doesn't like comparison with Madonna, says 'we are very different'
- 'Logan' trailer: You simply can't afford to miss Hugh Jackman's final portrayal of Wolverine
- And, it's a wrap! Salman Khan completes Manali schedule of Kabir Khan's 'Tubelight'
- 31 October movie review: Opens up wounds that never healed
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan's intense voice hints at massive storm ahead
- Kahaani 2: Vidya Balan 'wanted' for kidnapping and murder