Ajay Devgn as ‘Himmatwala’ fails to impress!
Mumbai: Prior to the release of ‘Himmatwala’, the makers boasted of the film being thoroughly entertaining. Filmmaker Sajid Khan, who doesn’t pay heed to critics and their verdicts, makes films only for the masses. Alas! The director seems to have failed his audiences this time around.
‘Himmatwala’, which happens to be set in the backdrop of the early 1980s, starring Ajay Devgn and southern sensation Tamannaah Bhatia, proved to be a dud at the Box Office. According to popular trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the film has been able to earn only Rs 44.89 crores so far, an amount which is a huge disappointment.
Considering the fact that even mindless masala<.i> films manage to enter the elite Rs 100 crore club, ‘Himmatwala’s’ dismal performance does raise a question – does director Sajid Khan need to get his formula reworked?
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Katrina Kaif’s look in ‘Baar Baar Dekho’ revealed!
- I really do want to make my debut on television very soon: Ranveer Singh
- Winter season special: Hair care tips
- Spirituality: Chant this Ganesha Mantra on Tuesday to remove hurdles
- Bigg Boss: Rochelle, Priya have an ugly fight; Suyyash gets emotional on seeing sister