Ajay Devgn as ‘Himmatwala’ fails to impress!
Mumbai: Prior to the release of ‘Himmatwala’, the makers boasted of the film being thoroughly entertaining. Filmmaker Sajid Khan, who doesn’t pay heed to critics and their verdicts, makes films only for the masses. Alas! The director seems to have failed his audiences this time around.
‘Himmatwala’, which happens to be set in the backdrop of the early 1980s, starring Ajay Devgn and southern sensation Tamannaah Bhatia, proved to be a dud at the Box Office. According to popular trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the film has been able to earn only Rs 44.89 crores so far, an amount which is a huge disappointment.
Considering the fact that even mindless masala<.i> films manage to enter the elite Rs 100 crore club, ‘Himmatwala’s’ dismal performance does raise a question – does director Sajid Khan need to get his formula reworked?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ronda Rousey to star in film based on her autobiography
- It’s time for the Singh of B-Town to romance ‘Queen’ Kangana Ranaut?
- Biopics challenge me as a filmmaker: Ketan Mehta
- Check out: Adorable Alia Bhatt, Shahid Kapoor in 'Shaandaar' first look teaser
- 'Drishyam' a rare combination of Box Office profit, respect: Ajay Devgn