Ajay Devgn as ‘Himmatwala’ fails to impress!
Mumbai: Prior to the release of ‘Himmatwala’, the makers boasted of the film being thoroughly entertaining. Filmmaker Sajid Khan, who doesn’t pay heed to critics and their verdicts, makes films only for the masses. Alas! The director seems to have failed his audiences this time around.
‘Himmatwala’, which happens to be set in the backdrop of the early 1980s, starring Ajay Devgn and southern sensation Tamannaah Bhatia, proved to be a dud at the Box Office. According to popular trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the film has been able to earn only Rs 44.89 crores so far, an amount which is a huge disappointment.
Considering the fact that even mindless masala<.i> films manage to enter the elite Rs 100 crore club, ‘Himmatwala’s’ dismal performance does raise a question – does director Sajid Khan need to get his formula reworked?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kaabil trailer: Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's love story illuminates in 'darkness'
- Vidya Balan chooses her film wisely!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives thumbs up to brother Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'!
- Kahaani 2 trailer alert: Vidya Balan as Durga Rani Singh will leave you enchanted
- Kajol on board Salman Khan’s Dabangg 3?