Ajay Devgn open to working in southern cinema
Mumbai: Actor Ajay Devgn, whose upcoming film ‘Son of Sardaar’ (SOS) is a remake of director S.S. Rajamouli`s Telugu film ‘Maryada Ramanna’, says he is open to acting in southern films, but feels language could be a barrier.
Asked if he would like to work with Rajamouli on a southern project in future, he said: "It`s just that I don`t know the language and it will take me a lot of time to. But if there is something fabulous then, why not."
The 43-year-old spoke on the sidelines of a press meet of ‘Makkhi’, the Hindi dubbed version of Rajamouli`s ‘Eega’. Ajay has lent his voice for the opening sequence of the film and reportedly, Kajol has also rendered her voice.
"Makkhi" will also see the protagonist of the film do a typical Ajay Devgn stunt, when he will be seen balancing on two flies, just like Ajay has balanced on two horses in ‘Son of Sardaar.’
Meanwhile, Ajay, who has worked in a few Bollywood remakes of southern films like "Singham" and "Yuva", believes it is a give-and-take relationship between Bollywood and southern cinema.
"It`s not like I have deliberately thought about it. But this is a continuous thing. If there is a good Hindi film, it is remade in south and if we like a south film, then we buy the rights and make it in Hindi. I think this exchange will always go on," Ajay said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!