Ajay Devgn roped in for Neeraj Pandey’s ‘Special Chabbis’
Mumbai: After delivering critically and commercially acclaimed ‘A Wednesday’ with Bollywood stalwarts like Naseerruddin Shah and Anupam Kher, director Neeraj Pandey has zeroed in on Ajay Devgan for his next venture ‘Special Chabbis’.
The film is based on a real life incident when twenty-six men, posing as IT officials, carried out a mock raid on a famous jewellery store in Mumbai and seized jewels worth millions, never to return.
Talking to a daily, a source said, “Ajay Devgan will play the main protagonist in the film. There are several other actors to be taken onboard. Ajay heard the script and at once gave it a green signal. Currently, they are just working out the dates and the film will go on floors early next year.”
Apparently, Ajay Devgan was not the original choice for the project as the source added, “Apart form Ajay there will be an ensemble cast, which is still being worked upon. Initially, Ajay’s role was offered to Abhishek Bachchan but things did not work out between Neeraj and him. Neeraj has always admired Ajay as an actor and he was certainly his next option.”
When contacted, Ajay Devgan and Neeraj Pandey were unavailable for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- Meet 'Chaani-Sarman' from Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Mohenjo Daro'- See new poster
- 'Doctor Strange' trailer: As spellbinding as it could be!- Watch
- Gal Gadot plays the new DC superhero- 'Wonder Woman'! Watch trailer