Akshay game to play baddie again
Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar, who makes a comeback to action film with ‘Rowdy Rathore’, is also keen on doing negative roles, something similar to his act in ‘Ajnabee’.
"I like doing negative roles, but something like the one I did in `Ajnabee` where the villain is not just to beat up. There should be some material as well. If I get something like that, then I`ll definitely do it," the 44-year-old, a fan of Bollywood`s yesteryear villain Ranjeet, said here.
Akshay says actors are totally driven by audience`s preferences.
"We are like products, we present what the audience likes. People love when Shah Rukh Khan does a romantic film, people want me to do action so I am doing action, they want me to do comedy so I do comedy," said Akshay.
He says it is risky to do something out-of-the-box.
"Sometimes there are things which we like and present to the audience, that is called experimental. I did `8X10 Tasveer`, which was more of an experimental film, to make myself happy. But it made the distributors sad," said Akshay.
The 44-year-old became a mass hero with his films like ‘Mohra’, ‘Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi’, ‘Mujhse Shaadi Karogi’, ‘Welcome’, ‘Housefull’ and the ‘Khiladi’ series.
Akshay`s next is ‘Rowdy Rathore’, releasing June 1. Besides this, he will be seen in varied films like sci-fi thriller ‘Joker’, real-life heist drama ‘Special Chabbis’ (a real-life heist drama) and his co-production ‘Khiladi 786’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!