Akshay Kumar`s `OUATIMD` sold for Rs 15 cr in north circuit
Mumbai: Actor Akshay Kumar starrer `Once Upon A Time in Mumbai Dobaara` has been sold for about Rs 15 to 18 crore for distribution in the north circuit, sources said.
Films financier and Mumbai distributor Bharat Shah has forayed into film distribution in the Delhi-UP-Punjab territories. He has invested in a start-up company by distributor Anil Agarwal.
"The markets of Delhi-UP-Punjab have been sold to Bharat Shah and Anil Agarwal, who is the most influential distributor of that territory, for an appropriate price," Tanuj Garg, CEO Balaji Motion Pictures, told reporters.
Agarwal, known in the North Indian film trade circles, has set up his own venture that will focus on the acquisition of select films for release.
"The film has been acquired for distribution for Rs 15 to Rs 18 crore in Delhi-UP-Punjab circuit," sources close to the development confirmed.
Milan Luthria directed romantic-gangster drama film stars Akshay Kumar, Imran Khan and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead. It releases on August 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maha Shivaratri: Here’s the lyrics of Shiva Aarti
- When Raj Kapoor gave gold coins to Zeenat Aman!
- Pooja Bhatt to file police complaint against man posing as her agent
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maha Shivaratri 2017: Go ethnic to look resplendent
- Baywatch: Priyanka Chopra looks unapologetically stunning in red - See Poster
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India
- Shah Rukh Khan starrer 'Raees' to release in Egypt and Jordan!
- Salman Rushdie wants 'Lion' to win big at the Oscars
- Deepika Padukone's Hollywood debut 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' mints over $300 mn worldwide!