Akshay Kumar to lose weight for `Thuppakki` remake
Mumbai: Bollywood star Akshay Kumar, with his lean look and super fit physique, would need to lose more weight for his role as an army captain in A.R. Murugadoss`s remake of his Tamil hit ‘Thuppakki’. Akshay has been asked to lose seven kgs.
The movie`s shooting begins Dec 20, since the Christmas week is considered lucky by Murugadoss.
"He released his `Ghajini` in December. Since then, Murugadoss has been excessively attached to the Christmas season. He was keen on staring the Hindi `Thuppakki` in the Christmas week, and Akshay was happy to oblige. The only problem is, he has two weeks to lose at least five kgs, and some more later to play an army captain at least 12 years junior to Akshay`s biological age," said a source close to Murugadoss.
Akshay will also sport an army officer`s hairdo and look.
"The soldier-hero is never really shown in the army. The drama happens while he`s on leave. But we want Akshay to look like a young army jawaan, fit enough to take on the villains. Not only that. We actually want him to look like a real soldier," said Murugadoss.
"He will be getting a crew-cut hair-styling done. We don`t want Akshay to look unconvincing as the soldier in any detail," he added.
The demand to lose weight seems strange for a leading man, who is as lean as Akshay.
But Murugadoss explains: "Akshay is one of the fittest heroes in India. But to play the soldier, we want him to be slightly fitter. His shoulders should become more streamlined and his frame should be slimmer. Akshay has the physique for the role. He just needs to lose a little more weight and become slightly sharper around the edges."
For the Tamil film, actor Vijay had actually gone for commando training to play the soldier.
"But Akshay is already into martial arts. So all he needs to do is just polish up his act. He has the know-how and the physical fitness," says the director.
Incidentally for ‘Ghajini’, Aamir Khan had to bulk up and add muscle to his physique to play the self-trained fighter. In ‘Thuppakki’, Akshay goes the other way to get leaner and meaner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rose Byrne found moving to Los Angeles 'pretty hard'
- Kim Kardashian gets new wardrobe
- Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra supports, promotes young Milkha
- Shefali Shah's kids tease her over 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Become professional guitarist, drummer with this app
- Over 25,000 actors vie to be Poonam's hero
- 'Obsessed' Dave Grohl dedicates song to Taylor Swift
- `New Girl` actor Max Greenfield roped in for `American Horror Story: Hotel`
- 'American Idol' Carrie Underwood thanks show for stardom
- Chris Brown fighting baby mama Nia Guzman over child support money
- Dwayne Johnson's 'Shazam' to release before 2019
- Kate Winslet feels makeup is 'liberating'
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Lady Gaga gets over 30 wedding dress sketches from top designers
- Ditch black for bold and bright this summer
- Style up in suede in spring, summer
- Kylie's lip fillers changed her confidence: Kim Kardashian
- Jane Fonda proud to be a fashion icon
- Fashion is not for everybody: Dolce and Gabbana
- Designer Monisha Jaising to enter e-commerce
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- CBSE XII Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared tomorrow