Amitabh Bachchan not in Subhash Ghai`s Sarabjit Singh biopic
Mumbai: Filmmaker Subhash Ghai has clarified that megastar Amitabh Bachchan will not be a part of his upcoming biopic on Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh. Ghai added that he had approached Big B, but he was busy with prior commitments.
The 71-year-old Bachchan was to play the role of a Pakistani lawyer in the biopic.
“We did approach him, but after reading the script, he informed us that he was playing a lawyer`s role in another film that he had already committed to. We mutually agreed not to cast him in this film, though I would have loved to have worked with a legend like him,” Ghai said in a statement.
The makers are still looking for someone to fill the role.
“We are still talking to other actors for this role and will soon be announcing the name,” he said.
Directed by Ishwar Singh, the film features Anurag Sinha and Sonakshi Sinha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!
- Shedding extra kilos for my next role: Bhumi Pednekar
- Ayushmann happy over more women-oriented films
- Watch ‘Welcome Back’ trailer: Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar steal the show!
- Salman's brother-in-law Aayush Sharma ready for his big Bollywood break?