Amitabh invited for IFFI`s opening, closing ceremonies
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been invited for the opening and closing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2012 to be held in Goa in November, its organisers.
"We have Amitabh Bachchan as one of the invitee shortlisted for IFFI inauguration or closing," Vishnu Wagh, the vice chairman of Entertainment Society of Goa, a nodal agency to host IFFI, told reporters here.
The organisers will check his availability for the festival depending on his schedule, Wagh said adding that several other Bollywood personalities are also shortlisted who would be invited to participate in the festival.
Bachchan has never inaugurated the festival in past although during IFFI 2008 he had participated in it for a private event.
IFFI 2012 would be held between November 20-30, 2012 in Panaji.
The festival is jointly organised by Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry and Goa government.
Since a lot of Hindi superstars like Rajesh Khanna, Dev Anand and others passed away this year, there will be more stress on retrospectives during the event, Wagh mentioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twinkle Khanna gets a hair makeover and we are crushing on it!
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie talk again after six months of split
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’: How much has the Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt starrer earned so far?
- Ajay Devgn starrer 'Golmaal Again' cast is one BIG happy family!
- Phillauri: Anushka Sharma aka Shashi's 'ghostly presence' in a big fat Punjabi shaadi is spooky yet hilarious!
- Is that Salman Khan doing kickass action in 'Tiger Zinda Hai'?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH