Amrita Singh to play Arjun Kapoor`s mother in `2 States`
Mumbai: Actress Amrita Singh will be seen playing onscreen mother to newbie Arjun Kapoor in Karan Johar`s cross-culture love story `2 States`.
"Amrita Singh has been roped in by Dharma Productions to play Arjun Kapoor`s mother in `2 States`," a source close to the project told reporters.
Earlier in Sanjay Gupta`s crime drama `Shootout at Lokhandwala` the 54-year-old played mother to gangster Maya Dolas essayed by Vivek Oberoi. In Apoorva Lakhia`s `Dus Kahaniyaan`, she played mother to Minissha Lamba.
The shooting of `2 States` is yet to begin and the makers may start this from February or March.
The film will see Arjun playing the role of a Punjabi boy, while newbie Alia Bhatt plays a Tamilian girl.
It’s a story about two people from different states falling in love and the ensuing cultural clashes between them and their families.
`2 States` is directed by Abhishek Verman and co-produced by Karan Johar and Sajid Nadiadwala. The film is based on the novel of the same name by Chetan Bhagat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Are stubborn acne marks troubling you? Check out these home remedies
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?