Anees Bazmee won`t clash with Rajkumar Hirani, Aamir
Mumbai: Anees Bazmee`s `Welcome Back`, which is scheduled for a release Dec 19, will no longer be released that Friday now that Rajkumar Hirani`s Aamir Khan-starrer `P.K.` is releasing on the same date.
Bazmee is not interested in creating an unnecessary and unhealthy competition.
"My producer Feroz Nadiadwala wants us to stick to our Dec 19 release date. But I see no point in a box office tussle. I`m going to convince him to opt for another release window," he said.
It isn`t as though Bazmee is not confident of his film.
"I`ve my own audience. But why get into an unnecessary tussle at the box office? It is bound to damage one or the other film. I`d rather wait for another opportune Friday."
"Raju Hirani is a very fine writer and director. On top of that, he is back with his `3 Idiots` leading man Aamir Khan. So there`s bound to be fireworks at the box office. Why take the risk of getting burnt?"
The director is currently recording an additional song for the film which he will film in due time when the film`s entire cast - from Anil Kapoor and John Abraham to Naseeruddin Shah and Nana Patekar - is available to him.
"I am in no hurry. I have no ambition to create a dhamaka (blast) for Christmas. Any Friday will work as long as another big film is not lined up for the same day," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!