Anurag Kashyap angry as `The Lunchbox` loses Oscar chance
New Delhi: `The Lunchbox` director Ritesh Batra and producer Anurag Kashyap have lashed out at the selection committee for choosing Gujarati film `The Good Road` over their movie as India`s official entry for the Oscars next year.
Kashyap, who has produced the film with Guneet Monga, said he is disappointed because `The Lunchbox` had a good chance of making it to the final five in the Best Foreign Film category.
feeling very very disappointed, can't comment on the film i have not seen, but it better make it to final five.
— UGLYAnurag (@ankash1009) September 21, 2013
"Feeling very, very disappointed, can`t comment on the film I have not seen, but it better make it to final five... I hope and pray I am wrong and it actually is a film that knocks the socks off everyone" Kashyap posted on twitter, within minutes after Gyan Correa`s film was announced as the official entry.
"First time and I really mean it, first time I really was excited because first time we knew we had a chance, first time I was waiting for it. I don`t know who the federation is but it goes to show, why we completely lack the understanding to make films that can travel across borders," Kashyap said.
Batra blamed the Film Federation of India-appointed committee, which was headed by Bengali filmmaker Goutam Ghose this year, for a lack of understanding.
"Congrats to `The Good Road`, hope it makes it all the way, else it will be a lost chance by FFI appointed jury that lacks vision. Hope I am wrong," Batra added.
Director-producer Karan Johar, who turned presenter for `The Lunchbox`, echoed Kashyap and Batra.
"Really shocked and disappointed. `The Lunchbox` had every factor working in its favour, we may have just lost our golden chance. Sad," Johar tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shilpa Shetty takes Bollywood to London via radio
- 'Gabbar Singh 2' goes on floors, Pawan to soon join
- Regional cuisines to dominate in coming year: Chef Sanjay Thomas
- David Gandy to quit modelling
- Ian Somerhalder refuses to pose for fans
- Kate Moss feels she's as famous as Katie Price
- Mother's death led Bono to create music
- Dharmendra discharged from hospital, to undergo surgery later
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter family hits 15 million!
- When Anushka, Priyanka waited for the boys!
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' to release on Diwali next year!
- Cara Delevingne poses topless for jewellery ad
- I quite like being naked: Miranda Kerr
- Men watching porn less likely to enjoy sex with real-life partners
- December 11 is the most popular day of the year to conceive
- Now have 'aquagasm' with new 'shower' sex toy
- Gisele Bundchen goes topless again
- Jessica Simpson poses in seductive way on Instagram
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian poses nude
- Secret behind Kim K's nude photoshoot revealed
- Jennifer Lawrence draws eyeballs in new photo shoot
- Keira Knightley will go topless, but on condition
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- CBSE 10th Result 2015: CBSE (cbse.ac.in & cbseresults.ac.in) Class 10 (X Board) Result shortly
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- cbse.nic.in Board Results 2015: CBSE Class 10 Results declared on cbseresults.nic.in
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify