Anurag Kashyap looks to shoot at Maha Kumbh
Allahabad: Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap is seeking for permission to shoot for his film at the ongoing Maha Kumbh in Allahabad.
Kashyap is working on his short film for ‘Bombay Talkies’ and wants to use shots of the mela for his protagonist since his story is about a common man from Allahabad who switches to the fast and pacy Mumbai-life.
He intends to film it using hidden cameras, having already used a similar technique in ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ to create a grand outcome.
He has already begun the process of acquiring the necessary permissions, but he needs to go through a fair few hoops before the plan materializes.
‘Bombay Talkies’ is a combination of four short films, to commemorate 100 years of Indian cinema. The other three directors are Karan Johar, Dibakar Banerjee and Zoya Akhtar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- India’s Deepika Padukone makes it to 2016’s world`s highest-paid actress list
- Krishna Pushkaram concludes with 'Pavitra Harathi'
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra's sizzling chemistry in 'Baar Baar Dekho' is making us crazy!