Anurag Kashyap looks to shoot at Maha Kumbh
Allahabad: Filmmaker Anurag Kashyap is seeking for permission to shoot for his film at the ongoing Maha Kumbh in Allahabad.
Kashyap is working on his short film for ‘Bombay Talkies’ and wants to use shots of the mela for his protagonist since his story is about a common man from Allahabad who switches to the fast and pacy Mumbai-life.
He intends to film it using hidden cameras, having already used a similar technique in ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ to create a grand outcome.
He has already begun the process of acquiring the necessary permissions, but he needs to go through a fair few hoops before the plan materializes.
‘Bombay Talkies’ is a combination of four short films, to commemorate 100 years of Indian cinema. The other three directors are Karan Johar, Dibakar Banerjee and Zoya Akhtar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Oscars 2017: The winners and the diversity
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' filmmaker Damien Chazelle becomes youngest director to win academy
- Production of 'Jurassic World 2' officially begins
- Andrew Lincoln excited about 'Love Actually' sequel
- Oscars 2017: Asghar Farhadi's ‘The Salesman’ wins Best Foreign Language Film