Anushka Sharma mum on `Bombay Velvet`
Mumbai: Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma says she is looking forward to working with director Anurag Kashyap, but is not willing to talk about whether she is a part of his film ‘Bombay Velvet’ or not.
Asked if she has signed the film, Anushka said: "I can`t talk about it till it’s confirmed. The announcement will come at the right time. I am looking forward to working with Anurag Kashyap."
The movie is said to be based on Mumbai Fables, a semi-fictional study of Bombay in the 1960s by Gyan Prakash, who is a historian and professor of history at Princeton University.
Actor Ranbir Kapoor has been finalised to play the male lead in the film.
Meanwhile, Anushka will be seen in Vishal Bharadwaj`s ‘Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola’, opposite Imran Khan.
"I have completed shooting for the film. I was very happy to work with Vishal Bharadwaj. He makes very different and true films," she said.
"All the characters are very well-written. Each character has a well defined beginning and end in the story," added the 24-year-old.
The movie is likely to release next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative
- 'Sultan' promo out: Salman Khan gets defensive for Shah Rukh Khan! - Watch
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' steady at Box Office, mints Rs 57.56 crore!
- 'Sultan': Spectacular Anushka Sharma as a bride will win your heart!- See full pic
- 'Shorgul' not to be released in Muzaffarnagar
- I will produce Hollywood films in future: Vashu Bhagnani