Aparna Sen`s ‘Iti Mrinalini’ housefull at Dubai film fest
Dubai: Movie buffs here seem to be enjoying Bengali actor-director Aparna Sen`s movie ‘Iti Mrinalini’ as the two screenings of the movie at the Dubai International Film Festival went houseful.
"All the seats for Aparna Sen`s ‘Iti Mrinalini’ got booked in advance. There was a long queue yesterday (Monday) and no tickets were available for today`s (Tuesday) show also," a spokesperson told reporters here.
"Iti Mrinalani" revolves around an actress. While Aparna Sen plays the older version of the character, her actress daughter Konkona Sen Sharma plays the younger one.
Apart from the mother-daughter duo, Rajat Kapoor, Priyanshu Chatterjee, Kaushik Sen, Saheb Chatterjee and Locket Chatterjee play pivotal roles in the film.
Earlier "Iti Mrinalini" opened the 10th River to River Festival of Indian Cinema.
Sen couldn`t make it to the festival due to health issues.
"Aparna Sen has cancelled her visit to the festival as she is not keeping well," said the spokesperson.
The Dubai International Film Festival started on Dec 12 and would conclude Dec 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan’s message to Pakistan’s Mahira Khan- ‘Uff’ we will look good in ‘Raees’
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan’s Brazilian fan pays tribute to Indian culture
- Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt to appear in Salman Khan’s ‘Bigg Boss 9’?
- See pic: Anushka Sharma in 'thrilled' state!
- Watch: Ranbir, Deepika in 'Matargashti' from 'Tamasha'!