Asha Bhosle to make acting debut with `Maaee`
Mumbai: She has been the leading voice of Bollywood for close to six decades but at 77, singer Asha Bhosle has decided to take up another challenge. She is all set to make an acting debut with Hindi film `Maaee`.
The singer has done many music videos but it is for the first time that she is doing a lead role in a movie. The film is being produced by Subhash Dawar-Nitin Shankar and tells the story of what happens when a woman is abandoned by her only son and then goes to live with her daughter and son-in-law. The film will be directed by debutante Mahesh Kodiyal.
"It was something that I hadn`t done so far. My fans know very well that I do whatever my heart says is good to do. And the moment this story was narrated to me I connected so very strongly with it as a mother and a human being even though it was so far removed from my own life and experience," Bhosle said.
"I knew then and there that there was no way I could let the opportunity to essay this character pass me by," she added.
The `Dil cheez kya hai` hitmaker said she also agreed because Padmini Kolhapure will be playing the role of her daughter.
`Maaee` will go on the floor in April this year and will be shot entirely in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rakesh Roshan will watch 'Kaabil' again, but won't see 'Raees'
- Academy awards 2017: Complete list of Oscar nominations is here!
- Raees: Reasons why the Shah Rukh Khan starrer is a MUST WATCH
- Hrithik Roshan’s ‘Kaabil’: Bollywood hails film with ‘captivating storyline’
- Shahid Kapoor shares new still from ‘Rangoon’ and it is incredibly intense!