Asha Bhosle was nervous while shooting with Anupam Kher
Mumbai: Legendary singer Asha Bhosle admits being little nervous when she started shooting for her debut film ‘Mai’, about a woman who has been abandoned by her only son, with veteran actor Anupam Kher.
"I was nervous while shooting with Anupam Kher but then he made me feel comfortable. Everyone was co-operating with me," she told reporters Tuesday at a promotional event of the film.
After facing the camera, the 79-year-old concludes that both singing and acting are challenging in their own ways.
"I think singing is difficult, as one has to be expressive through their voice and at the same time be in tune. But at the same time acting is also difficult as actors have to do physical tasks and emote properly," she said.
Directed by Mahesh Kodiyal, "Mai" shows the dilemma of a woman who is abandoned by her children.
Her sister, Lata Mangeshkar, hasn`t seen the film as yet, but Asha said that she is "happy that I have acted in the film and wishes me luck".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed into Sanjay Dutt for Baba's biopic!