Asha Bhosle was nervous while shooting with Anupam Kher
Mumbai: Legendary singer Asha Bhosle admits being little nervous when she started shooting for her debut film ‘Mai’, about a woman who has been abandoned by her only son, with veteran actor Anupam Kher.
"I was nervous while shooting with Anupam Kher but then he made me feel comfortable. Everyone was co-operating with me," she told reporters Tuesday at a promotional event of the film.
After facing the camera, the 79-year-old concludes that both singing and acting are challenging in their own ways.
"I think singing is difficult, as one has to be expressive through their voice and at the same time be in tune. But at the same time acting is also difficult as actors have to do physical tasks and emote properly," she said.
Directed by Mahesh Kodiyal, "Mai" shows the dilemma of a woman who is abandoned by her children.
Her sister, Lata Mangeshkar, hasn`t seen the film as yet, but Asha said that she is "happy that I have acted in the film and wishes me luck".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened: Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays