Audience doesn`t like me experimenting: Big B
New Delhi: He has been in Bollywood for four decades now, but megastar Amitabh Bachchan who returns to the silver screen in a flamboyant avatar in `Bbuddah Hoga Tera Baap` says that audience does not like him experimenting with his roles.
The 68-year-old who will be seen playing `Viju` – a gangster in colourful, gaudy costumes -- hopes that the film goes down well with the audience.
"I have experimented a lot in my career and the audience has not really liked it much. There were some parts in this film that I had problems with and I asked Jagannath (director) to make the changes and he made it," Bachchan said.
The actor said that he had serious doubts about doing the song and dance sequences in the film.
"I am soon going to be 70. I had serious doubts about the song, dance and action in this film. At this age, everything is difficult. But Poori Jagannath was sure that I could pull it off. So I started going to the gym regularly," he said in a press conference here to promote his latest film.
The National Award winning actor, who wore a blue jacket teamed with a colourful printed scarf, said that he personally likes to go over the top with his looks once in a while.
"Personally I like experimenting with my looks. At times I do wear very extravagant clothes," he said.
The movie also starring Sonal Chauhan, Minissha Lamba, Sonu Sood and veteran like Hema Malini among its cast has Raveena Tandon making a special appearance. The film is set to hit the screens on July 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!