Australian bowler Shaun Tait likely to act in `Kai Po Che`
Mumbai: Australian cricketer Shaun Tait is likely to be make a special appearance in the upcoming Bollywood film `Kai Po Che` directed by Abhishek Kapoor.
The film is based on Chetan Bhagat`s book `The 3 Mistakes of My Life` which is about three friends, Govind, Ishaan and Omi, who want to pursue their dreams.
Set against the backdrop of religious politics, the story underlines the three mistakes made by Govind.
As cricket is an integral part of `Kai Po Che`, the production house UTV Motion Pictures was looking for a prominent international cricketer to cast and have zeroed in on Australian fast-bowler Shaun Tait.
"Abhishek Kapoor wanted a well known foreign fast bowler, for an important part in `Kai Po Che`. And Abhishek`s good friend Indian bowler Ashish Nehra suggested Shaun Tait, and put us in touch with him. Shaun will be playing himself in a special appearance in the film," Manish Hariprasad, Creative Director, Studios, Disney UTV, said in a release.
"The discussion is at an advanced stage, and we are looking forward to working with the fastest bowler in the world," Hariprasad said.
The film will see popular TV actor Sushant Singh Rajput play a cricket enthusiast alongside `Love Sex and Dhokha` actor Raj Kumar Yadav, TV star Amit Sadh and `Aisha` actress Amrita Puri.
The film has been shot extensively in Gujarat-- Ahmedabad, Porbandar, Sabarmati, Vadnagar and Diu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NO 'Baar Baar Dekho' THESE scenes in Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra film! CBFC cuts 'bra shot', 'Savita bhabhi' reference
- Poster alert! Sonakshi Sinha in and as 'Akira' will stun you for sure
- Rajkummar Rao to star with Nargis Fakhri in Hollywood project
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha, with another female lead in 'Dabangg 3'!
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!