Barun Sobti, Sapna Pabbi to debut with `Satra Ko Shaadi Hai`
Mumbai: John Abraham, Shoojit Sircar and UTV Motion Pictures have come together for another marital drama `Satra Ko Shaadi Hai`, starring TV actors Barun Sobti and Sapna Pabbi.
Sobti is a popular face on television having worked in daily soaps like `Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?` and `Baat Hamari Pakki Hai` while Pabbi has worked in `Ghar Aaja Pardesi` and starred with Arjun Rampal in an ad film.
Abraham will produce the film through his JA Entertainment with Sircar`s Rising Sun Films.
With an ensemble cast of over 50 actors and based in the heartland of India -Bhopal, `Satra ko Shaadi hai` revolves around the big fat chaos filled Indian weddings.
The film, slated for release in 2015, revolves around an IT boy from Mumba who meets a pretty girl from Bhopal on a matrimonial website.
Within days they get engaged under the watchful eyes of their parents and the date is set for the wedding -the 17th March in Bhopal.
With the wedding just 6 days away, the countdown begins, and soon enough every function turns into a battle between the two sets of in-laws and the extended families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- OMG! Zarina Wahab leaves house post Aditya Pancholi's name crops up in Kangana-Hrithik saga?
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Sussanne Khan clarifies on patching-up with Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!