‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ joins Rs 100 crore club
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The last three months have been great for the Bollywood as the hits have kept pouring in. The latest movie to join the success bandwagon is Farhan Akhtar starring ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’.
Reports of the biopic taking over the Box Office and racing ahead have made sure that other movies that released last week have not been able to make a mark. Ranbir Kapoor starring ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’, which was released in June, reached the Rs 100-crore club. ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ is the second movie to cross the mark this year. Other movies released in the last three weeks like ‘Bajatey Raho’, ‘Nasha’, ‘Issaq’, and ‘Love U Soniyo’ have not been able to capture the audiences, mostly being charted unsuccessful.
Directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, the motion picture accolades the journey of The Flying Sikh, athlete Milkha Singh. The movie was declared tax free in Maharashtra, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana and Goa which would only help the movie to do well further at the Box Office.
Upon its release in July, ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ garnered mostly positive reviews and has since then been the choice for movie goers all over the country. Farhan Akhtar’s pivotal role in the movie was also much appreciated.
The film stars Farhan Akhtar, Sonam Kapoor, Divya Dutta, Pavan Malhotra and Yograj Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC stalls film; cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification