Biopic on Charles Sobhraj in offing?
Mumbai: In what appears to be a precursor to a biopic on `bikini killer` Charles Sobhraj, DAR Motion Pictures has acquired the rights of author Farrukh Dhondy`s book "The Bikini Murders", which is loosely based on the life of now incarcerated serial killer.
"DAR Motion Pictures, producer of films like `Dangerous Ishq` and `Haunted 3D`, has acquired the rights of `The Bikini Murders` which is reportedly based on the story of Siberian," a press release issued by the company here said.
DAR Motion Pictures is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DAR Capital, which operates a fully-integrated production and distribution model.
Sobhraj is currently in a Nepalese prison after the Supreme Court of that country in 2010 held him guilty for the murder of a US citizen.
Earlier attempts to make a movie on Sobhraj came a cropper owing to objections raised by his lawyers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'