‘Bold’ Poonam Pandey wants to go beyond boldness
Mumbai: Controversial model-turned-actress Poonam Pandey, known for her outrageous photographs and statements, clarifies that she isn’t cut out just for bold roles. She wants to do much more.
The actress has gone over ’bold’ in her forthcoming film ‘Nasha’. But she says: “Honestly speaking, it`s not like I have always wanted to do bold films. I would love to experiment with different types of roles."
"Right now, I haven`t thought much. I am just focussing on `Nasha` right now,” the 20-year-old said here Wednesday during the shoot of a pole dance sequence.
Even Amit Saxena, who has directed her in "Nasha", vouches that Poonam has the talent to feature in all kinds of film genres.
“She would fit any genre. It`s breathtaking to watch this talent. She is absolutely new, she is doing this for the first time and there is absolutely no inhibitions that she has," said Saxena.
Talking about her capability, he said: “She has gone from comic moments to serious moments. I feel she will be able to do any genre and do full justice to it."
"Nasha" tells the story of an 18-year-old boy who falls in love with an older woman, played by Poonam. The movie releases July 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Angelina Jolie was drug-tested for 'Lara Croft'
- Meri Pyaari Bindu FIRST LOOK out! Parineeti Chopra and Ayushmann Khurrana set for a quirky tale
- Aamir Khan to sign a whopping Rs 20 cr 'Dangal' deal with Netflix?
- Salman Khan wraps up first schedule of 'Tiger Zinda Hai', bids goodbye to freezing Austria!
- Anushka Sharma – Diljit Dosanjh starrer ‘Phillauri’ keeps ‘spirits’ high, earns moderately at Box Office