Bollywood actors Tabu, Irrfan Khan promote ‘Life of Pi’ in Goa
Panaji: Bollywood actors Tabu and Irrfan Khan promoted their forthcoming film ‘Life of Pi’ in Panaji, Goa on the sidelines of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
Khan said: “It is a long journey and I cannot sum it up in few words. It could be a story of anything, for me it was a story of tiger, tiger who symbolizes our inner sense, which symbolizes, how I existed on planet. It could be a story of a boy, of a human being, his spirits and his struggles, the victory of his spirit, it could be a story of a boat, which was lying there, which was not used and suddenly a storm comes and the boat was used and that is the greatness of a story teller, I mean, if you look it from a different angle, it works any which way.”
Expected to be shot in 3D, Canadian Martel’s (Manners of Dying) Man Booker Prize and other awards winning novel is an adventure tale about 16-year old Pi Patel stranded on a lifeboat with a hyena, an orangutan, an injured zebra, and a hungry Bengal tiger in Pacific Ocean on his voyage from India to Canada.
It has reportedly sold millions of copies and was a global publishing phenomenon. Keith Robinson adapted it into a play and toured England. Tabu said: “I have an interesting role, I am playing Pi’s mother and it is about a family.
Pi is a central character of a film, I am not, but I did it, because I think, it is a lovely story to be a part of. It has a wonderful story and that is why I have done it.”
The film uses computer-generated imagery to bring a cinematic feel to the spiritual tale of a Hindu boy who survives a shipwreck and gets stranded on a lifeboat for 227 days with a spotted hyena, an injured zebra, an orangutan and a Bengal tiger. It is director Lee`s riskiest film to date, even after 2005`s ‘Brokeback Mountain,’ for which he won the best director Oscar.
That film generated controversy for breaking barriers about gay portrayals on screen. ‘Life of Pi’ stars novice Indian actor Suraj Sharma, who was plucked from more than 3,000 hopefuls. The film is slated to be released on December 14, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Surgical strikes: Adnan Sami praises Indian Army, gets slammed on Twitter – Details inside
- Humans are selfish: Tom Hanks
- Pakistani artistes controversy: Salman Khan needs to be taught a lesson, says Shiv Sena – Read more
- Banning films with Pakistan actors could result in losses for Indian cinema, says CBFC chief Nihalani
- MS Dhoni goes gaga over Sushant Singh Rajput's performance in his biopic
- SS Rajamouli reveals logo of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' – View inside
- Amazon Prime Video partners with filmmaker to launch 'Baahubali: The Lost Legends'!
- Sony Music acquires music rights of 'Dear Zindagi'
- Not playing Pakistani journalist in 'Noor': Sonakshi Sinha
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan' release date out!