Bollywood pushes adventure sports in India
New Delhi: From deep sea diving and skydiving in ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ to snow hiking in ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’ - thanks to Bollywood movies showing adventure sports, these exciting activities are capturing the interest of Indian youths rapidly.
According to a recent online poll conducted by iExperience.in, an online platform where one can book adventure activities, underwater diving emerged as the top choice for adventure sports lovers with 51.82 percent votes.
Trekking, skydiving and cycling were other favourites, said a statement.
“We wanted to know if Bollywood acts as a catalyst to inspire young India to try out new things, and well it does. What we learnt, is that even though a small percentage, yet people are open to new adventures and new learning,” said Sandeep Singh, CEO and co-founder of iExperience.in.
Few other interesting observations were the choice of weekend plans. As many as 48.26 percent of the 2,000 respondents chose hanging out with friends as against 15.64 percent who wanted to try some new experience for their weekend breaks.
Clubbing seems to be a dying trend as only 15.3 percent chose to spend their weekend in a club or pub.
Keeping in sync with the summer holiday rush, the website carried the survey across various portals targeting the age group of 18-40.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification