Bollywood relationships mostly consensual: Sudhir Mishra
Mumbai: At a time gender issues are dominating headlines, filmmaker Sudhir Mishra`s latest offering ‘Inkaar’ is bound to evoke more than usual interest.
Starring Arjun Rampal and Chitrangada Singh in the lead roles, the film explores the theme of sexual harassment at the workplace.
But Mishra, a director known for his bold and offbeat themes, contends that it is not a problem that really afflicts Bollywood, despite all the tall stories about casting couches.
Relationships in the industry are mostly "consensual", or "at worst a barter", said Mishra, best known for his 2005 film ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’ about three impressionable youngsters in the years of the Indian Emergency.
"Bollywood is the least problematic place. It is the most maligned place because it is an easy target. But in Bollywood what happens is consensual, often. Or maybe you can call it at the worst, a barter," said Mishra.
"You can walk away in Bollywood. She doesn`t like a person, she walks away and makes a film with somebody else. But that said, I am not making excuses for everything that happens in Bollywood."
‘Inkaar’ is the story of the CEO of an advertising firm, played by Arjun, and an intern who swiftly climbs up the ladder, a role essayed by Chitrangada. The film hits the theatres this Friday.
Mishra has made critically appreciated films like the 2007 movie ‘Khoya Khoya Chand’ and 2011`s ‘Yeh Saali Zindagi’.
Both ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’ and ‘Yeh Saali Zindagi’ featured Chitrangada.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?