Bollywood should also come to Goa for IFFI: Jackie
Panaji: Bollywood actors and industry professionals should not see Goa merely as a holiday destination, but also participate in the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), which is hosted here, said actor Jackie Shroff Wednesday.
Speaking to reporters in Panaji, the plain-speaking Shroff also said that he would urge his friends and colleagues in the industry to participate in IFFI more whole- heartedly.
"People come here (Goa) for a holiday. They should also come here during IFFI," Shroff said, after inaugurating the `Raj Kapoor` lounge, for directors at the IFFI venue.
"I am going to request people from the film industries in India, like Marathi, Tamil, Bengali also to come here for the festival… People keep talking about Cannes, let`s make Goa better than all that," Shroff said.
The 42nd IFFI kicks off here Wednesday.
Shroff, a regular visitor to Goa for several decades now, said that it has changed over the years and advised the people and state government to ensure that development in the beach state is done in conformation with the environmental needs of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ugadi 2017: Here’s how the Telugu, Kannada New Year is celebrated
- Kapil Sharma’s troubled ‘love story’ triggered fight on flight with Sunil Grover?
- ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ March 28 Update: Purab, Pragya get hold of crucial evidence against Tanu
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh slams Kamya Punjabi, calls short film on late actress ‘bogus’
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look