Bollywood sprinkles its stardust on the Red Carpet!
Macau: Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd (ZEE), India’s leading television, media and entertainment conglomerate hosted the World’s Biggest Viewers’ Choice Award – Pan Bahar Presents Zee Cine Awards 2012 at Asia’s leading destination for business, leisure and entertainment, The Venetian Macao-Resort-Hotel on January 21, 2012.
The evening saw an impressive turnout of the who’s who of the Indian film fraternity, what with Shah Rukh Khan walking the red carpet in style with gorgeous wife Gauri and friend Kajal Anand. Farhan Akhtar sent the crowd into a tizzy as he walked in with wife Adhuna sporting a stylish stubble. Mithun Da humoured all his fans with a light jig as he entered the arena with son Mimoh. Bappi Da had the crowd reaching for their glares as he made an entry decked up in his ubiquitous jewels and dazzling baubles. Dia Mirza was clearly the showstopper in a stunning Shantanu Nikhil gown. Zeenat Aman in a resplendent churidar kurta reminded her on-looking fans and the media that she still remains the “Laila” who rules every Indian’s heart.
Bad boy Prakash Raj walked in dapper in a grey suit with his beautiful wife on his arms. Randhir and Rajeev Kapoor showed up to root for young Ranbir as he readied himself for his first dance performance at an awards show. Kalki Koechlin surprised all her fans by turning up in an elegant anarkali churidar.
Vidya Balan was a hot favourite on the red carpet as the fans clearly wanted her to take home the ‘Best Actress’ trophy. Music composers Sajid Wajid were heard belting out a few lines of their most popular chartbusters for the news channels. Jay Bhanushali and Soumya Tandon hosted the red carpet quizzing all the celebrities about the labels they were wearing, who they expected to win and whose performances they most eagerly looked forward to.
The most exciting acts of the evening included Ranbir Kapoor dancing at an awards ceremony for the very first time. The young Kapoor paid homage to his late grand-uncle Shammi Kapoor with a medley of his most popular dance hits. Shahid Kapoor rocked the stage with his moves as he raised a toast to the evergreen spirit of the late Dev Anand. The ‘dirty’ Vidya Balan paid a scintillating tribute to the sirens from the South.
Since its inception in 1998, Zee Cine Awards has emerged as the biggest tribute paid to the world`s largest film industry and has attracted renowned stalwarts of both Indian and international cinema. The award ceremony is likely to attract over 600 million viewers the world over when it is telecast on Sunday, February 5 on Zee TV with a simulcast on Zee Telegu for the very first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arjun Kapoor early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood
- Salman Khan to endorse a line of langots to promote 'Sultan' – Details inside
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'
- Watch videos: Varun Dhawan's terrific dance moves for 'Dishoom' promotions in Nagpur!
- Allegation that 'Kriti' is copied baseless: Shirish Kunder