Bollywood’s first zero budget movie ‘Lo Ho Gayi Party’: Will you watch it for free?
New Delhi: Today Bollywood is going through a phase when film makers go out of their way to spend an enormous amount of money to make their movie bigger than the rest. And there are those who have shot films on a shoestring budget. So, when a struggling yet determined movie maker like Tejas Padia completed a full-fledged feature film on zero budget, the news was strong enough to make headlines.
Tejas, who debuted in the film making circuit with ‘Ek Shukravaar’ in 2006, is going to release his film titled ‘Lo! Ho Gai Party: Some parties lead to mess’ in January.
The film is about events that unfold one night when four friends celebrate the fact that one of them has bought a secondhand car. Apparently, the movie was shot with a borrowed camera in a record 21-day period. The film features newcomers as well as industry veterans like Manoj Joshi and Satish Kaushik. And all the actors did their job for free!
“Everything from stationery to the location of for the film was borrowed,” says Tejas Padia. Nearly 60 percent of the film was shot in Tejas’ friend’s posh house in Ghatkopar. The rest of the portions were shot in Bandra and Jogeshwari in Mumbai.
The movie will release online and can be watched free of cost. Kudos to the entire cast and crew of ‘Lo Ho Gayi Party’ for making a remarkable and inspiring effort!
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!