Boman Irani visited lingerie stores for role preparation
Mumbai: Actor Boman Irani visited several lingerie stores in to prepare for his role as an underwear salesman in upcoming film ‘Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi’.
During the visits, Boman observed how people behind the counter behave and treat their customers.
"There is no special manner to conduct oneself when you`re selling undergarments. Their behaviour was very matter- of-factly and they treat the undergarments like any other commodity. Contrary to what the misconception is, the hush- hush factor isn`t there at all!
"But yes, I also noticed the way in which they were folding the items and putting them back into boxes and many such aspects of the service," he said.
The rom-com is directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s sister Bela Sehgal and also stars choreographer-turned-director Farah Khan.
Before becoming a star, the 52-year-old actor used to be a retailer himself and so the experience came in handy.
"I used to sell wafers at Grant Road! Thanks to those days, I`ve got a great deal of experience in retailing. So I know how the business and attitude works. The routine of greeting customers, introducing them to your products and ultimately selling!," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon to learn the culture, diction of UP for upcoming films!
- 'Moana' release date out!
- Box office report: Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo' fails to overpower Amitabh Bachchan's 'Pink'
- Katrina Kaif, Fawad Khan in winter romance in Karan Johar's next
- Five dialogues from Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' trailer that will definitely win your heart!