‘Bombay Talkies’ to be screened at Cannes film festival
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: ‘Bombay Talkies’ – the compilation of four 20-minute short films that celebrate 100 years of Indian cinema - has become the official Indian selection for the main screening at the 66th Cannes Film Festival to be held next month.
Last year, Anurag Kashyap`s ‘Gangs Of Wasseypur’ had made it to the Cannes film festival.
The four masterminds behind the movie - Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Banerjee and Anurag Kashyap – expressed their joy on the selection of their movies.
“Extremely honoured that our omnibus endeavour has been officially selected at Cannes. Can`t wait to walk the red carpet with Dibakar, Anurag and Zoya,” a leading daily quoted Karan as saying.
‘Bombay Talkies’ – which will hit theatres on May 3 – will be screened at Cannes Film Festival on May 19.
Here’s wishing the four directors the very best for all their future endeavours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!