Can`t escape comparison between `Satya 2`, `Satya`: RGV
Mumbai: Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma`s `Satya 2`, touted to be his last underworld-based movie, is set for Friday release and he confesses that he can`t escape the film`s comparison with `Satya`, one of his best works.
"Comparisons are inevitable, you can`t escape comparisons. But once the audience enters the theatre and if we manage to set a premise, after that the film has to be true to the characters in the story," Varma told reporters in a group interview.
"Yes, audience will make comparisons between both the films, but I hope `Satya 2` makes a mark for itself," he added.
Varma has clarified that `Satya 2` is not a sequel to his 1998 super hit gangster drama `Satya`, which starred southern acotr J.D. Chakravarthy and Urmila Matondkar in the lead roles, but it was Manoj Bajpayee, a struggler that time, who walked away with accolades.
Now `Satya 2` is also launching new faces, including Puneet Singh, who plays the main lead. It will also introduce Anaika Soti and Aradhana Gupta.
Varma believes in spontaneity.
"I don`t believe in preparation there is a clarity in making films as a director. I believe in spontaneity."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rati Agnihotri, businessman husband booked in Rs 47 lakh electricity theft case
- Sushmita Sen’s ‘I had promised the 14 year old #me’ VIDEO will inspire you to discipline your body
- Bollywood singer Mika Singh attends Donald Trump's pre-inauguration dinner! Watch video
- Jallikattu row: Rajinikanth joins massive protest supporting traditional bull sport
- Preity Zinta shares keys to happiness - Here’s more about it
- Harshvardhan Kapoor expresses displeasure over Diljit Dosanjh's debut award win
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ and Roshans’ ‘Kaabil’ clash: My father is hurt, says Hrithik
- 'Coffee With D' movie review: Sunil Grover’s film is fun in a ditzy way
- Irrfan Khan’s ‘Hindi Medium’ poster out and it’s interesting!
- Shah Rukh Khan talks about working with Salman Khan