Censor Board sees red over ‘sex’ word!
Mumbai: You might know about it but you certainly cannot speak about it, at least in Bollywood. Central Board of Film Certification is not amused with the ‘sex’ word in the official trailer of Shakun Batra’s ‘Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu’.
Starring Imran Khan and Kareena Kapoor, the trailer was refused a U certificate because it had the word ‘sex’ in one of the dialogues. Now the problem is that without a U certificate, the trailer cannot be aired on national television.
Talking to a daily, a source said, “The film has a scene where a person asks Kareena and Imran if they’ve had sex. To this, Kareena replies ‘Yes’ and Imran says ‘No’. The objection was ridiculous. Trailers of many other recent films with objectionable dialogues and scenes have been given the nod.”
Filmmaker Shakun Batra and producer Karan Johar were shocked when they got to know about Censor Board’s decision. “KJo and Shakun have however, taken it in their stride. They are now reworking on the new version. If this same decision was passed earlier, Karan and Shakun might have decided to ‘beep’ out the word. However, since beeps are not allowed any longer, they will have to rework a lot of things to get the flow right,” said the source.
It is believed that Shakun and Karan will reshoot the trailer as they do not want to compromise in the publicity of the film. “They want the trailer to get a U certificate and not an A. They want it to get attached to as many films as possible,” revealed the source.
When contacted, Karan Johar confirmed the news and said, “For now, I am attaching the current trailer of ‘Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu’ to ‘The Dirty Picture’, which has been given an A certificate. I wouldn’t like to say much on this. Frankly, it wouldn’t be correct for me to say for or against the censor board’s decision taken on the trailer of ‘Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu’. As a law-abiding filmmaker, I would rather do what I have been told (pauses). I am sure that they would be cooperative when we submit the new version.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- `Tanu Weds Manu Returns` creating magic at Box Office
- Pawan Kalyan sports bearded look for 'Gabbar Singh 2'
- Jacques Audiard's "Dheepan" wins Palme d'Or at Cannes
- Suriya pushed me towards excellence: Venkat Prabhu
- Ben Stiller's mother dies at 85
- U2 dedicate pride song to gay marriage voters in Ireland
- Naomi Campbell celebrates 45th birthday in Cannes
- Actress-comedian Anne Meara dies
- 'Tomorrowland' tops North American box office
- Bollywood wishes love to Karan Johar on his birthday
- Nandita Das on Cannes recce to find producers for film on Manto
- Cara Delevingne poses topless for jewellery ad
- I quite like being naked: Miranda Kerr
- Men watching porn less likely to enjoy sex with real-life partners
- December 11 is the most popular day of the year to conceive
- Now have 'aquagasm' with new 'shower' sex toy
- Gisele Bundchen goes topless again
- Jessica Simpson poses in seductive way on Instagram
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian poses nude
- Secret behind Kim K's nude photoshoot revealed
- Jennifer Lawrence draws eyeballs in new photo shoot
- Keira Knightley will go topless, but on condition
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015: Not easy for fast bowler to win many MOM in one season, says Ashish Nehra