Censor board wants `Rajjo` hero to `grow up`
New Delhi: The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) has advised the makers of forthcoming film ‘Rajjo’ to raise the on-screen age of the movie`s hero from 18 years to 21 years. Director Vishwas Patil respects the decision.
The movie, releasing Friday, features Kangana Ranaut as a 24-year-old nautch girl, who is seen getting married to a character named Chandu, who is aged 18.
This has not gone down well with the censors as the legal marriageable age for men in India is 21.
A source close to the film says the censor board conjectures that this will send out a wrong message to the youngsters, and so have asked the filmmakers to increase the hero`s age.
"I respect censor board`s decision, and luckily there were no scenes where the actor and Kangana are talking about the boy`s age," Patil said in a statement.
"It`s just that I have taken the concept from a short story of Jayant Pawar...But yes, I will send a letter to the board once the film hits theatres," he added.
Produced by Four Pillars Entertainment, ‘Rajjo’ is a musical extravaganza and promises to have something for both the classes and the masses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh to donate money for research
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni's biopic- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries!