‘Chennai Express’ enters new Bollywood markets
New Delhi: Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan`s much-awaited `Chennai Express` is lined up for a strong release in non-traditional international markets. In Peru, it is said to be the first Hindi film to release on the same day as it hits theatres in India Aug 9.
Earlier, Shah Rukh`s `My Name Is Khan` and actor Hrithik Roshan`s `Guzaarish` opened as delayed releases in Peru. But `Chennai Express` is making a breakthrough.
The Rohit Shetty-directorial movie has been locked for release in Morocco, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France and Israel.
“Shah Rukh Khan has a strong fanbase and the demand for the movie is enormous overseas. We are releasing the movie in over seven non-traditional markets and the movie will also witness a day and date release for the first time in Peru for any Hindi film,” Amrita Pandey, executive director (Syndication, International Distribution and Disney Media Distribution), Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement.
The movie also features Deepika Padukone, and it is being heavily promoted all across.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification