Chitrangda tries Madhuri`s `Sailaab` act
Mumbai: Actress Chitrangada Singh, who has been part of off-beat cinema, has done her first item number for Shirish Kunder`s ‘Joker’ and says it is inspired by Madhuri Dixit`s number from ‘Sailaab’. But she feels you can`t do a Madhuri, you can only try.
"When Farah Khan offered me the song I asked her what`s the song all about? What was the concept? What kind of look will I have? She told me it will be similar to Madhuri`s look in `Sailaab`. She said we will try and get the same look like Madhuri," Chitrangada told reporters during a press conference.
"But that is Madhuri, you can`t do a Madhuri, you can only try and do Madhuri, so we have tried to do something like that. We had fun doing that," she added.
While "Hum ko aaj kal hai` from "Sailaab" was choreographed by Saroj Khan, this has been choreographed by Farah. Chitrangada didn`t have much time to rehearse for the song.
"Hair style, clothes are somewhat similar to `Sailaab`. I had a great time dancing. Unfortunately, I didn`t get much time to rehearse. But whatever time I got, I used to keep rehearsing. We did as much as we could... it is beautifully choreographed by Farah and it is a very very good song," she said.
Talking about Sudhir Mishra`s "Kaam" with Arjun Rampal, she said: "We finished shooting for `Kaam`. It is a different love story and is set against the backdrop of sexual exploitation. The movie is set in an ad agency. It is about what happens when you are working together. There is a case of sexual harassment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Simon Cowell shares cute pic with son on Twitter
- Milla Jovovich has daughter baptized
- Legendary actor Omar Sharif suffering from Alzheimer's disease
- I've no regrets over sexist lyrics: Snoop Dogg
- Gary Barlow sings at fan's wedding
- Lena Headey reveals second baby gender
- Blake Lively calls Ryan Reynolds 'hypocrite'
- Josh Duggar cancels Ohio appearance amid child molestation scandal
- Kanye West is a bit eccentric: Paul Mccartney
- Colin Farrell praises Ireland voters for legalising gay marriage
- Ageism in Hollywood is alive and well: Jane Fonda
- Vanessa Hudgens suffering from tendinitis
- Shah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, advised rest
- Gul Panag launches fitness app in Mumbai
- Michelle Obama packs a punch, accepts workout challenge
- Want to lose weight? Eat little, but often
- Tom Hardy reveals painful drug-addled past
- Portia De Rossi opens up about early struggle with bulimia, anorexia
- Tanuja, daughters create breast cancer awareness
- Meditation should be part of school curriculum: Shoojit Sircar
- Zoe Saldana has banished 'diet'
- Mandira Bedi turns fitness guru
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Iraq regains ground from Islamic State; mass deaths reported in Palmyra
- Megresults.nic.in & Mbose.in Tura 12th HSSLC Arts Results 2015: Meghalaya Board HSSLC 12th Class Arts Board Exam Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Megresults.nic.in & Mbose.in Tura 10th SSLC Results 2015: Meghalaya Board SSLC 10th Class Board Exam Results 2015 to be announced today shortly