Chunky Pandey-Govinda strarrer `Aankhen` to be made into a sequel
Mumbai: The makers of 1993 hit film `Aankhen`, starring actors Chunky Pandey and Govinda, have decided to make a sequel of it, to be titled `Aankhen Char`.
`Aankhen` was directed by David Dhawan and written by Anees Bazmee. The film starred Chunky Pandey, Govinda, Raageshwari, Shilpa Shirodkar and Ritu Shivpuri in the lead.
Produced by Pahlaj Nihalani, `Aankhen` had Govinda in a double role.
The sequel is set to go on the floors in August this year and is likely to be released this year itself.
"We are making a sequel to `Aankhen`. It was a big hit. That time the trend of sequel was not there but now is the time and we don`t want to lose on opportunity. As the story line of the film was also good and audience liked it a lot, so we will bring `Aankhen Char` to them hopefully this year," Nihalani said.
The theme of the film will remain the same, only the cast will change, he said adding that the main characters will again be in double roles.
"We are in the process of finalising things for the sequel. The theme will remain same. But the actors will change. We are in talks with some of them but can`t reveal anything," he said.
However, Nihalani might rope in Chunky Pandey and Govinda for a special appearance. "Both Chunky and Govinda hopefully will be there in the film in some or the other form," he said.
The film will be directed by Anees Bazmee, who is known for making successful comedy films like `No Entry`, `Welcome`, Singh Is Kinng`, `Ready` and others.
"Anees will be helming the project. It was his story that made the film a huge hit in 90s. So I feel no one other than him would be able to do justice to the project," Nihalani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?