Cinestaan signs three-film deal with Rakeysh Mehra
New Delhi: Cinestaan Entertainment Private Limited has joined hands with renowned filmmaker Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra for a three-film deal. Their first offering will be "Mirziya".
Rohit Khattar has launched Cinestaan Entertainment Private Limited in partnership with industrialist Anand Mahindra.
The Cinestaan Film Company, which is Cinestaan`s first subsidiary, will make the films in collaboration with Mehra`s ROMP Pictures.
Out of the three projects, Mehra will wield the megaphone for two, including "Mirziya", which will be the launch pad of actor-filmmaker Anil Kapoor`s son Harshvardhan and a yet untitled movie, while director Nitin Kakkar will direct "Fanney Khan".
“I am delighted to announce the launch of Cinestaan Entertainment in partnership with Anand Mahindra. We share a common vision and similar tastes in storytelling which shall, we hope, manifest in some good films,” Khattar, founder chairman of Cinestaan, said in a statement.
“Cinestaan is committed to preserving the rich legacy of our cinema heritage for which we are working on several initiatives, including an oral histories television project that shall celebrate the memories and contributions of our screen legends,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- No issue with censor board: 'Baar Baar Dekho' director
- Emraan Hashmi hopes 'Baadshaho' turns out bigger than 'Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai'