Cinestaan signs three-film deal with Rakeysh Mehra
New Delhi: Cinestaan Entertainment Private Limited has joined hands with renowned filmmaker Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra for a three-film deal. Their first offering will be "Mirziya".
Rohit Khattar has launched Cinestaan Entertainment Private Limited in partnership with industrialist Anand Mahindra.
The Cinestaan Film Company, which is Cinestaan`s first subsidiary, will make the films in collaboration with Mehra`s ROMP Pictures.
Out of the three projects, Mehra will wield the megaphone for two, including "Mirziya", which will be the launch pad of actor-filmmaker Anil Kapoor`s son Harshvardhan and a yet untitled movie, while director Nitin Kakkar will direct "Fanney Khan".
“I am delighted to announce the launch of Cinestaan Entertainment in partnership with Anand Mahindra. We share a common vision and similar tastes in storytelling which shall, we hope, manifest in some good films,” Khattar, founder chairman of Cinestaan, said in a statement.
“Cinestaan is committed to preserving the rich legacy of our cinema heritage for which we are working on several initiatives, including an oral histories television project that shall celebrate the memories and contributions of our screen legends,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Television no longer small medium, says Juhi Parmar
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated
- Intolerance issue: AR Rahman expresses solidarity with Aamir Khan, says he too faced similar situation
- Intolerance issue: Here’s what Raveena Tandon feels
- Check out: Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's stunning look in 'Bajirao Mastani' new poster!
- Happy I got to abuse in 'Tamasha': Deepika Padukone
- Was intimidated by Akshay in 'Airlift': Nimrat Kaur
- Angelina Jolie's sons working on her new movie
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali opens up about 'Bajirao-Dilwale' clash