Colin Firth`s `wet shirt scene in Pride And Prejudice` tops memorable Brit TV drama moments list
London: Colin Firth`s famous sopping wet shirt scene in Pride And Prejudice has been named as the most memorable moment in British TV drama.
In the scene from the 1995 BBC series, Firth, who played the character of Mr Darcy, emerges from a lake all wet, the Sun reported.
The famous clip saw off competition from soaps like kid`s hit `Grange Hill` and more recent big-hitting programmes in a survey of 2,000 viewers.
The second place was bagged by EastEnders womaniser Dirty Den divorcing to wife Angie, while the third spot went to Sherlock, when Holmes faked his own death by plummeting from the roof of St Bartholomew`s Hospital in London.
On the number fourth position landed Coronation Street`s 1million-pound tram crash in 2010 and the murderer reveal in ITV`s Broad-church this year made it into fifth place.
The memorable moments were voted for from a list of 50 scenes, compiled to mark the launch of UKTV channel Drama, which starts broadcasting on Monday.
Top ten memorable moments were:
1. Mr Darcy`s lake scene - Pride and Prejudice (1995)
2. Dirty Den hands divorce papers to Angie - Eastenders (1986)
3. Sherlock`s `death` - Sherlock (2012)
4. The tram crash - Coronation Street (2010)
5. Who killed Danny Latimer? - Broadchurch (2013)
6. The tenth Doctor regenerates from David Tennant to Matt Smith - Doctor Who (2010)
7. First lesbian kiss - Brookside (1994)
8. Morse reveals his Christian name - Inspector Morse (1997)
9. Zammo injects heroin - Grange Hill (1987)
10. Lady Sybil`s death - Downtown Abbey (2012).